Friday 14 August 2015

Term 3 Week 4

Explanation Writing Framework
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

How to make clay wind chimes

Introduction
* Statement to tell what you are going to explain.  
* Include a definition and question.
Have you ever made a wind chimes?
Do you have some wind chimes in your garden?Have you ever heard wind chimes?
Wind chimes are hanging ornaments made out of glass,metal clay or other materials that made a sound when the wind blows.

Main Body
*Describe the object/topic
*Name the parts
*Describe how it works
*Describe why it works
*Describe where/when you use it

Use:
* Sequencing words like first, then, next.
* Action verbs like jump, turn, mix
* Cause and Effect words like because, but, so, therefore
* Detail to give the reader a clear picture
First we need to draw at the paper nice  and fat thing I draw the Autumn leaves.and then cut that out from the paper then put it on the clay and make six of leaves and don’t forget you need to put hole on it  .next choose one of the primary colors and I chose yellow.After paint the yellow of the one leave. Next paint the dark yellow so,we need a little black,and paint the light yellow and we need little white and choose another primary color then mix with real color my one is blue and yellow and it’s make green.After mix green with black and mix green and white then dry it.  And then you are… DONE!!
  • clay
  • tooth brush
  • pencil
  • paper
  • water
  • cardboard
  • paint
  • paint brushes
  • skewers
  • scissors
  • roller


Conclusion
*Summarise the main points and add any interesting points.
I hope you enjoyed my explanation writing
and I hope you try the wind chime

BYE-BYE

BY-Jenny

I was learning to write a clear explanation for an audience. I had to write title,questions,main body and what do we need for it. I thought it was easy because I did the explanation writing before and it was fun. My next step is to use sequencing words like - first, then, finally because, if, but.

No comments: